Saturday, December 27, 2008

Trouble At Work


The foreman down at the construction site was real old school and after several days of showing up late he told me I had two choices.....He could fire me which I just couldn't afford or take a butt whuppin from him and I could come back to work. I was shocked at what he just said but what choice did I have? After work he took me into one of the metal storage containers we had to keep equipment in. I entered and it smelled of tools and saw dust.....I saw one bare hanging work lite a sawhorse and a mean looking strap! I didn't need to be a detective to figure out what goes on in here....I had a feeling I wasn't the only one who this has happened to! He had me strip and bend over the horse and he began to whup my ass good....I had a hard time keeping still but I did my best! When he was finished I had tears rolling down my face but I wasn't openly crying....I did that when I got into my car. He told me to be on time in the morning or else. I replied...Yes Sir I will and then left. I looked around to see if anyone was still here to hear what just happened. There were a few guys but nobody said anything but I knew they heard it....I was so embarrassed. I was on time from then on and was pretty reliable.....but every time I had to get something out of the storage container the smell brang back the memories of that day. The strap was still where he hung it. About two weeks later I saw my foreman taking a new kid that just started there back to the container and wondered if he was gonna get a good whuppin to keep his job? I hung around for a few minutes and the screams confirmed it! I just wished I could of seen it! Looking back, it only hurt for a few days and I kept my job and was a better person for it.

1 comment:

  1. i think all the bois in here need a good butt whuppin on their jobs when they mess-up. Too bad there are so few daddies out here who know we do :(

    ReplyDelete