Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Switched At 40

It had been along time since me and my Pop rented a cabin and did some fishing so one weekend we did just that! Away from work ad the kids was great until I messed up! He had asked me to chop up some wood for the fire pit but I very smartly said...damn pop....I didn't come way up here to work, I'm here to relax! I didn't think it was a big deal but he did! He walked over to me and handed me his pocket knife. I asked him what was this for? Pop told me it was for me to go cut a switch with! What....I stared at him for a few seconds.....Pop I'm 40 years old, you can't be serious! He just kept staring at me holding out the knife for me to take. I don't know why but I took it. I know I'm a grown man but he was still my Pop and I was still his boy and I knew I shouldn't of spoke to him like that. I took the knife and walked over to some bushes and cut a switch.
This isn't the first time I had to do it but it had been a long time. I brought it back and handed it to him......some part of me was wondering if he was really serious about him whupping me or that maybe he was just kidding. When he told me to strip I knew he was serious! Every time I got it as a kid he always had me strip bare ass and I guess this time was no different! He pointed to the woodpile and had me bend over it. He started in right away! Whap, Whap, Whap!!! He was almost 70 but he still had an arm on him! Whap, Whip, Whap! I could feel that damn switch digging in to my big butt! I knew there were gonna be some serious welts when he was done! Whip, Whap, Thwack! He laid about 25 good licks onto my ass and thighs. He came over and helped me up and hugged me. He told me that I wasn't to old for the switch and he wasn't to old to give it to me! I told him I was sorry with tears rolling down my face like I was a ten year old. I have to say I did not see this coming but it made me feel good in ways i hadn't felt in a long time. I just have to figure out how to explain the welts to my wife. I guess i could tell her the truth? "My dad gave me a good switchin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment