Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Barbershop


I never did like going to the local barbershop to get my hair cut when I was a kid and this is one of the main reasons why! Now I never got my but whupped in the barbershop but just the thought of that razor strap dangling just inches away always gave me chills! I would always notice another strap that hung off a hook behind the barber chair and I would think that it had a special purpose!
I don't know why but I would always would make a fuss about getting my hair cut mostly because my father would make me get one whether I wanted it or not.......I would constantly move my head while I was in the chair and yell that he was cutting it to short (damn....maybe I did need a whuppin) I think back now about all those old men that are always hanging out in the barbershop along with my dad and uncles and fearing that someone would say "that boy needs a good butt whuppin".....there would be no escape! Could you imagine getting my fifteen year old butt bared and bent over the chair while my dad whupped my ass in front of everybody in the shop! I can even imagine the bell on the door jingle every time someone came in which means that more people are watching me get it! Back then it was the fear of getting the strap but now it's more of a fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment