Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

My dad loved Thanksgiving dinner but he always hated when his house was full of people or I should say he barely tolerated it! It seemed like every holiday our house was the gathering spot for the whole family and I knew how easy it was to get my dad mad on a day like this and I already knew he was in one of those moods but I wasn't thinking about that at the time. Like most families when we sat down to eat the grownups had there table and us kids had ours.......I was 15 now and for some reason I thought I would be sitting with all the rest of the adults! We had such a large family that there were multiple tables lined up end to end from the dining room all the way into the living room.....us kids usually had the kitchen table to our selves. When my mom told me I would be sitting in the kitchen with the rest of the kids for dinner I kind of threw a fit and I guess I was making quite a scene and before I knew it I felt my dad's hand grabbing my upper arm and pulling me into the next room! I felt my pants being pulled down and his belt hitting my bare ass! I was in shock because it happened so fast....how the hell did he grab me and get his belt off so fast I thought? (Lot's of practice I guess) I couldn't believe I was getting my ass whupped in front of the whole family! I knew all my cousins and brothers were enjoying every second of my embarrassing butt whuppin and I know they gonna dog me about this for a long time! After my dad finished tearing my ass up he told me to stay there until he told me I could come and eat! I had never been so embarrassed in my life......but everybody in the other room seemed to be talking and laughing as if nothing had happened! Me and all my cousins were no strangers to a good whuppin so to all my aunts and uncles it wasn't no big deal. I heard the say grace and they started eating.....I stood there for fifteen minutes with my bare butt on display until I heard my dad call me and tell me to get into the kitchen and eat. I pulled my pants up and wiped the remaining tears from my eyes....I had to walk by the entire family to get to the kitchen but they didn't seem to notice me except my mom and dad who were giving me that look! When I got to the kitchen all eyes were on me and then the teasing started but within a few minutes I was talking and laughing with all my cousins and brothers just like always! Just another typical holiday at my house!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and don't eat to much....and don't make dad mad!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Eric. Have been away visiting the folks during these last few days. Of course, I missed checking in on your blog. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. And I sure hope you didn't make dad mad. (Or maybe I hope you did make dad mad ... and that you will tell us all about it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Robert...I was wondering when you were gonna chime in. I had a good holiday as well. Unforunately no spanking to speak of. This story had alot of memories though. Now I never got it in front of the family though but I remember one year when I was about 10 I got spanked right before everybody showed up! Thanks to my brothers and sisters everybody knew about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Eric2 Man! I hope you and all your loyal blog fans had a Great Thanksgiving,too! (Although for some of the "bad boys" around, maybe it should be Happy "Spanksgiving" instead!(Another caption for your spanking Teashirts!) An occasion to get those spankings you never got, but should have! Yeah! You are right! Brothers and sisters won't let you forget a "spanking" that you got earlier and will tell everybody else about it at family gatherings, when reminiscing about the past! Dayum! the problem is that my siblings, now all grown up still on occasion publicly bring up buttwhuppings I got when I was younger at family gatherings,which can be embarrassing.I actually sometimes leave the room as not to feel too embarrassed at being laughed at, depending on whom the audience is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad did tear my butt up in front of everyone once right on the couch in my living room. Cousins, friends from the neighborhood, EVERYONE. It wasn't Thanksgiving, but that didn't matter. I probably deserved it, and I know that especially all the kids there liked watching my dad lay the belt across my ass. I sure heard about it for a while. I'm just thankful that the people who I still see now, all these years later, don't bring it up too often and remind me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what it is about knowing or watching someone else other than you getting spanked Robert. It was always fascinating to me to hear a story of someone getting but to witness it was a 100 times better! I hope your old friends done give you too much grief over it...you know they got it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Eric, you are right. It is so true. It is fascinating to hear a good story. Every single little detail. Leave nothing out.... LOL! Probably why I am now totally addicted to this blog.

    ReplyDelete