Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Asking For It

Asking For It
By Eric

I was in the basement putting some clothes in the washer when I looked up on the wall and saw dad’s razor strap hanging there. I swear my butt actually started itching! It’s been awhile since my dad had to whup my behind for any reason. Just like most African American boys growing up the strap was used on my butt on a regular basis....I guess it worked pretty good because I’m doing really well in school. I’ll be graduating in a month and I don’t run the streets and get into trouble like some of my friends do. I had to many sore behinds that told me when it was time to go before my friends got into trouble. It’s been well over a year since he has had to whup my butt....so I started to wonder to myself that I might not need anymore....I guess I was growing up.
A week or two went by and I found myself constantly thinking about that strap and getting a whuppin....I’m not sure why I was having these thoughts but I just couldn't’t stop. The last thing I wanted was a blistered butt right? I even went down to the basement and took the strap off the wall just to check it out. The next day me and my dad were sitting down to eat and the subject of my graduation came up and the college I was accepted to. My dad was grinning from ear to ear....he worked his ass off to make sure I got to this moment...my mom passed when I was just a little thing so it’s been just him and me.
Dad I said "college is gonna be pretty hard I hope I don’t let you down". He told me that I was a smart kid and could make it anywhere. I told him that he was always there to straighten me out when I needed it too. We both laughed....I’m pretty sure he knew what I meant. We were quiet for a few minutes and I finally just spit it out.....Dad....why haven't you gave me a whuppin in so long? I think you could of heard a pin drop...did I just say that? Boy...what are you talking about my dad asked? I used to get it all the time and then you just stopped. He told me that I matured a lot and didn't need it as much...he told me if I did that he wouldnt hesitate to give me a reminder! That was what I wanted to hear.....I blurted out to him that I thought I might need one. Again there was silence. Well this is a first he said. Are you asking for a whuppin boy? I just looked down at my plate embarrassed and told him that I didn't want one but I thought I needed one to keep me in line. You know how college is dad....there are all kinds of ways to get into trouble and you’ve done so much to help me get into college I don’t wanna screw it up. He looked at me and said he was not gonna give me a whuppin for no reason son. I’m proud that you would even think you should get one but I don’t think I could. We talked about it for what seemed like hours and before we went to bed he said look Damon.....If you think you still need a good reminder on that behind of yours in two weeks right before you go off to school...I’ll give you one won't forget ok?

The two weeks flew by and I was ready to go...I started packing and loading the car. My dad was a little upset that I was leaving but I was only one state over so I would be coming home quite a bit. I went upstairs and knocked on my dads bedroom door.....hey son you all ready.....Yeah I think I’m good to go! I hesitated for a second and then I asked him If he remembered our little talk we had a few weeks ago? Yeah Damon.....But I thought you might have changed your mind about that. His dad told him that ever since we had that chat the more he thought about it the more he thought it might do some good. Damon head shot up and looked at his dad but before he could say anything his dad told him to get down to the basement and get those clothes off for your whuppin. You know the routine boy. Damon didn't expect that and almost fell down a few times getting himself down to the basementg......I thought to myself what have I gotten myself into? It was chilly down there and started to get goose bumps all over my body. Since I’ve done this many times I knew he wanted me bare butt....not even socks...damn that floor is cold! I took the strap off the wall and held it till he came down.

Damon I wanna make this clear...I love you and couldn't be more proud of you. I’m giving you this whuppin because I love you and I want you to remember whats gonna happen if your grades start slipping or your attitude starts to change....Do you understand me? Y...yes sir. I replied...and I knew he would too! Give me the strap Damon. ...I handed it to him and turned around and headed to the wall....I didn't mind him seeing me butt naked because he’s seen me like this many times but I knew he was looking at my behind and what he was gonna do to in a few moments. He let me choose my position and I usually put my hands on the wall and just stuck this butt out and waited. He didn't tell me how many I would get....he never did but I knew from experience it would be at least 50! I know you know better than to reach back or get out of position boy. I knew to well that if I did my butt would pay for that mistake! I heard the whoosh but I wasn't prepared for the sting of the strap.....I screamed and immediately regretted my decision....Damn I thought, that was only one. Whap, Whap, Whap.......I was already doing that ass whuppin dance. But I settled down and my dad got into a rhythm. I had tears flowing right from the get go! Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap ....I yelled out a few times the started sobbing.....quietly at first then they became louder. I’m not sure how many I got at that point but if I had to guess I’d say about 40 licks. He was whipping my thighs and that tender spot right at the crease between your ass and thighs....damn he had this down to a science! Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap....after the next ten I was begging for my dad to stop...I promised that I would do my best in school...But the whuppin kept coming Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap, Whap ...then all of the sudden he stopped....It’s over Damon. I immediately reached back and started to rub my sore swollen brown cheeks...I was blubbering like a baby at that point....My dad came over to me and hugged me even as I continued to rub my butt. He comforted me for a few minutes until I calmed down. He spoke to me very softly...I did that because I love you son. Now got upstairs and get dressed...you have to leave soon. I told him that I loved him and thanked him for doing this for me then I slowly made my way upstairs. I saw him hang the strap up on the wall where it will be waiting for me. I was on the road within a hour.....the trip was about four hours but after a whuppin like the one I just got it seemed like a 8hr trip. I couldn't get comfortable the entire way. All I could think of was my behind and what it would feel like if I got out of line...

Thank you dad!

1 comment:

  1. anonymous --- great story and a good start to your College daysSounds like the Strap was a big part of your growing up Every one needs to learn and it sounds like you learned from experience .In addition we all know what we need and want and it wise of you to have one last session with your Dad before going off to school .I admire your guts In the future you may need a reminder or two but that is alright as everyone needs a flash back on occasion

    ReplyDelete