Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ex-Judge Herman Thomas

In a surprise verdict, a jury acquitted former judge Herman Thomas of sexual abuse, attempted sodomy, and assault related to allegations that he brought inmates to his chambers for sex and spankings. The judge insisted that he brought the men to his office to “mentor” them, but prosecutors put forward evidence of semen on the carpet and testimony of numerous former inmates that they had sex with him or allowed him to spank them for lenient treatment. During the Montgomery hearing, Thomas acknowledged being a member of Kappa Alpha Psi and said he owned 3 fraternity paddles.

I know I'm a little bit behind the curve on this one but I thought I would finally chime in! He was found innocent on all charges but if you ask me where there is smoke there's fire! Something must have been going on back in his chambers. I do like the idea of giving inmates or anyone who is about to be sentenced to a choice of taking the paddle to reduce or eliminate the sentence or fine. I would make sure there are witnesses though like parents or court appointed people just to add to the humiliation! Doing it behind closed doors might lead to more abuse so the more witnesses the better! I suggest that the father or another male family member administer the punishment...if not or he doesn't do a good enough job a "Special Spanker" will finish the paddling! I can almost see the line of thugs outside the courtroom waiting for their turn to reduce their sentence or fine! I'd make sure it was a paddling they wouldn't forget so they think twice the next time there about to do something stupid!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Eric, I like your idea of a "special spanker" to make sure those misbehaving booties get what they deserve. Are you going to apply for the job? If not, I sure will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to Robert! Maybe they would want us to audition for them....as long as they supply the butts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this case is really amazing. it is clear that the spankings happened, although the jury didn't believe any allegations of sexual activity. I think the jury thought the inmates consented to the spankings, (it often resulted in shorter sentences or a good word from the judge). In some cases, the young man's mother agreed with the spankings. I cannot believe the judge never thought this could end up as a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Dwayne...how he thought that it wouldn't get out is beyond me. Sometimes people with power feel that they can't be touched (no pun intended) and it makes it seem like they can get away with anything. Maybe it started out with little things and it evolved into what it was when he was caught. I do like the idea of paddling in exchange for a lighter sentance or fine though!

    ReplyDelete